3DS / DSi Universal AC Adapter
DO NOT BUY FOR 1ST GENERATION DS
I SAW THE PICTURE WITH THE 3 ADAPTERS. THIS LOOKS JUST LIKE THE ONE I GOT WITH MY SON'S DS I PURCHASED FROM HERE A MONTH AGO. THE PICTURE IS VERY MISLEADING. IT DOES NOT HAVE THE 3 ADAPTERS ANY LONGER. THEY ONLY WILL SHIP YOU ONE WITH 2 ADAPTERS, THAT IS FOR NEWER MODELS, LIKE DS LITE, 3DS, DSi, AND SUCH. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY LIKE I DID THINKING YOU CAN REPLACE THE CHARGER FOR YOUR FIRST GENERATION CHARGER. BUY THE ENERGIZER ONE THAT IS TWICE THE PRICE. IT WILL SAVE YOU THE HEADACHES I HAVE ENDURED TRYING TO GET THIS CORRECTED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
Works Perfectly, Cord a Little Short
What I like:
- This charger is very compact. Much like Nintendo's AC adapter, the plug rotates into itself to create a small rectangle. The cord that plugs into the DS Lite or 3DS is easily detached from the AC plug base (it's a totally standard usb charging cable).
- It will charge other devices. The AC part is just a standard USB wall charger. You can unplug the 3DS/DS Lite cord and plug a different USB charging cable into it instead. However, it might not charge iPads, that require 2.1A ports.
- The USB cable will charge your device from a laptop or computer. I bought some unbranded cheap 3DS USB charging cables from Amazon, which work great for charging from a small battery pack I own. This is the same thing, but now I have one cable that can charge either a 3DS or my DS Lite (which means one less cable I have to tote around).
What I Don't Like:
- The cord isn't very long. The original cable that came with my 3DS XL isn't super long by any means, but it's still longer than this. When plugged in behind my nightstand, it isn't long enough for the 3DS to sit on top without sitting too close to the edge.
- Untested, but I don't think this can charge both devices at the same time. If it does work, I'll update my review.
The USB plug is a y shape at the end. The two plug options will work with the 3DS, the 3DS XL, the DSi, and the DS Lite. The original DS and Game Boy Advance had square type plugs and will not work without a different USB cable (does anyone make one?).
The description is clearly a typo, and will hopefully be corrected soon. I am completely sympathetic with anyone that was mislead. The Game Stop I bought it from had completely covered up the description with the price tag when I bought it, so I did not buy it assuming that it would work with my GBA SP or original DS. I was able to recognize the plug tips, which WERE visible as being for the 3DS and DS Lite/DSi, and as a result, I am a satisfied customer.
Best charger I've ever bought
This charger is versatile and useful. It's constructed well, and seems to outlast my other chargers. Sometimes I've bought off brand chargers from Amazon and eBay, but this one is my favorite. I just wish they were more like $7.00 but they do hold their value. With the USB functionality of it, you can plug it into computers and adapters for the car to charge also. If you end up losing the piece to plug it in at home, you can get just that piece, as long as you still have the wire. Also, my cable splits into 2 at the end, so it can charge my 3DS and my DS lites. I like this better than the old style that had different ends that attached. This way nothing falls off. Great charger!
Not what it seems
No longer has the port for the refurbed Nintendo DS even tho they're still making the refurb models.
when i first bought this online i was very excited because i was selling a gameboy advanced sp when it got here i was ecstatic but, when i opened it i was shocked with what i saw there were only a charger for DS lite, DSi, and for 3DS. since DS lite and 3DS shared one charger there were only 2 plug ins, none for the GBA sp. so now i will have to sell it uncharged, and probobly get less money.
If it works, great value.
I got one after purchasing a DSiXL. I like to always have two chargers. It didn't work at all. Took it back got a new one. It work if I messed with it for a good 10-15 minutes. I would imagine that some do work, but I felt obligated to tell everyone not to get this product after seeing two people post a 10/10.
great for anyone!
i got this after my old ds lite AC Adapter broke. works great, and if you don't have a 3ds but will get soon and have a ds, get it.
Not as advertised
I bought this hoping to charge my gameboy advance SP, it does not have a plug for that as advertised. If you are looking for a charger for any DS models excluding the first gen, then this is for you.
This does not work for all DS models
Everyone is saying it works for all DS models but it definitely doesnt. it doesnt have a connection for the first gen DS.
A Universal Charger
A well designed adapter for every handheld that Nintendo has ever made! From the Gameboy Advance SP to the Nintendo 3DS, this adapter fits your need to recharge your handheld systems!